Taylor Stitch The Jack Donegal in Charcoal
Donegal fabric is named after the place it’s manufactured, a town in Northwest Ireland where the textile style first originated. Given the area’s abundant sheep population, the Irish townsfolk began weaving signature twills, herringbone, and one-of-a-kind “flecked” woolen fabrics. This flecked style was popularized and ultimately named after the area from which it was born. To obtain this look, deliberate inconsistencies and blemishes are woven into the fabric. Yarns are purposefully knotted and broken, thus providing a “nep” effect. The result is a wonderfully speckled fabric with a unique hand and attractive aesthetic idiosyncrasies.
This modernized, 6 oz. Donegal achieves ultimate comfort, drape, and durability through the use of an intricate cotton, silk, wool, and viscose blend.
- 6 oz fabric
- 83% Cotton | 10% Silk | 5% Wool | 2% Viscose
- Taylor Stitch signature Jack button down collar
- Single rounded chest pocket
- Double needle felled construction throughout
- Natural buttons
- Lockstitched buttons and buttonholes
- Shorter length to be worn untucked
- Tailored fit and high armhole
- No pleats for easy ironing and clean lines